Flu Vaccination Advanced Service
Service Information and Documentation
- PSNC Website*
- * Training Providers – there are a number of organisations that provide vaccination training for pharmacists and those that PSNC has been made aware of are listed on their website (listing on PSNC’s website does not constitute endorsement of the course or provider by PSNC)
Local CPCW Support
- Declaration of Competence (DoC)
The DoC approach has been agreed by NHS England, NHS Employers and PSNC as being the way by which pharmacists providing the flu vaccination service can demonstrate their competence to the pharmacy contractor who is contracted to provide the service and to NHS England.
In collaboration with CHL, ECG & PharmaDoctor we have arranged a competitively priced training package to enable pharmacists to provide the NHS national flu service and a private flu service, as well as Coronavirus, and other vaccination services.
There are these sessions currently available:
Cheshire & Mersey
- Sunday 13th June 2021, 08:30 – 13:00, The Village Hotel, Whiston, Liverpool, L35 1RZ. Book online.
- Sunday 13th June 2021, 13:30 – 18:00, The Village Hotel, Whiston, Liverpool, L35 1RZ. Book online.
- Sunday 20th June 2021, 08:30 – 13:00, Holiday Inn, Wood Lane, Beechwood, Runcorn, WA7 3HA. Book online.
- Sunday 20th June 2021, 13:30 – 18:00, Holiday Inn, Wood Lane, Beechwood, Runcorn, WA7 3HA. Book online.
- Sunday 23rd May 2021, 08:30 – 13:00, The Manor House, 200 St Helen’s Road, Bolton, England, BL3 4EB. Book online
- Sunday 23rd May 2021, 13:30- 18:00, The Manor House, 200 St Helen’s Road, Bolton, England, BL3 4EB. Book online
- Sunday 27th June 2021, 08:30 – 13:00, Alma Lodge Hotel, Heaviley, Stockport, SK2 6EQ. https://flu-9.eventbrite.co.uk/
- Sunday 27th June 2021, 13:30 – 18:00, Alma Lodge Hotel, Heaviley, Stockport, SK2 6EQ. https://flu-10.eventbrite.co.uk/
Our vaccination skills training workshops are delivered by ECG Ltd, the comprehensive training covers all practical skills required to vaccinate adults, children and infants.
Training will cover adverse reactions including anaphylaxis and basic life support for all ages.
The course ensures that pharmacists are fully prepared to offer both the national and private flu services as well as many other vaccination services, e.g. COVID-19 or Travel vaccinations.
Our package includes access to the Private Flu PGD ETool, provided by Pharmadoctor, scroll down for more information.
Training Package Price
The course is priced at £95 + VAT
At the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate:
- How to set up for a vaccination clinic
- Safe intramuscular and subcutaneous injection techniques
- Intranasal administration of vaccines
- Child positioning for vaccination
- Reconstitution of vaccines
- Adult and Paediatric basic life support
- Recognition of anaphylaxis and other adverse reactions
- Administration of adrenaline via an ampoule or any auto-injecton
All bookings are subject to this cancellation policy.