CD Incident Reporting and Destruction
To comply with your contractual obligations to report critical incidents into NHSE and all significant concerns related to controlled drugs please note the following.
Email address for Incident Reporting
Use NHS England North (Cheshire & Merseyside) email address firstname.lastname@example.org for the reporting of Community Pharmacy incidents
Email address for CD Incident Reporting
The process for reporting concerns involving Controlled Drugs is via www.cdreporting.co.uk
The CD Accountable Officer (CDAO) is Devina Halsall and the contact is email@example.com
Reporting break-ins, forgeries and CD thefts (all schedules):
- dial 101 or 999 if an emergency
- Ensure that you describe whether the drug is a Class A, B or C under the Misuse of Drugs Act (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/controlled-drugs-list–2/list-of-most-commonly-encountered-drugs-currently-controlled-under-the-misuse-of-drugs-legislation) since this is the terminology known to the police.
- Obtain the crime reference number
- Contact the Controlled Drugs Liaison Officer (CDLO) for your area, and give them the crime reference number. They will link in with the investigating officer.
- Report into cdreporting.co.uk
Controlled Drug Destruction
Please sign in at www.CDreporting.co.uk
Select Reporting Forms
If you are part of a multiple pharmacy please follow your Area Manager’s or Superintendent’s process.